Utah water damage restoration professionals in Hunter
There are only a few true fire and water restoration companies in Utah that can provide the full line of flood clean up, fire rebuilding and mold remediation services. These companies have been in business in the Salt Lake area for decades and have full time, trained technicians who are available to do emergency restoration work 24/7. They have industrial strength equipment and professional gear that they use daily on just such water damage emergencies.
Water Damage Repair and Restoration Hunter
Most of the Utah Water Restoration Companies you will find on the web are marketing companies that later sell your cleanup and rebuilding job to subcontractors they never met. When there is a big demand for restoration clean up services in Utah, such as frozen and burst pipes, burst water heaters or rain and flood damage, these marketing companies call everyone who says that they can do water removal, clean up and repair to get your job. However, if they cannot find any subcontractors, your job will be abandoned.
Water Damage Restoration Hunter
The other type of water removal and repair competitors are large corporate franchise restoration companies with very little connection to Utah. They do not have full line fire, water and restoration services in Utah and usually have staff that is new to the home water restoration business. Very often, the true fire and water remediation companies are asked to complete repair jobs that were started by restoration franchisees.
Carpet Cleaning Companies
There are hundreds of carpet cleaning companies in Utah that claim to be water damage restoration companies. These so called remediation experts have no water removal experience, flood damage clean up training or dehumidification equipment to complete water and flood damage repair projects. They also have no education or much experience in the science of water extraction, drying and clean up. There is very little chance that your property would be completely restored through their services. In fact, since these companies do not have any water removal, fire restoration or mold remediation experience or content restoration facilities to handle personal belongings or furniture, their so called services only delay your home’s restoration work.
When you need professionals to tackle emergency repair and rebuilding jobs in Utah, choose the Utah company you know and trust to handle your property’s remediation job. Call the disaster recovery experts that have the full time crews to handle your emergency 24/7, 365 days a year.
Residential Flood Damage Repair Hunter
When you occupy your own home, it's much easier to take prompt action during plumbing mishaps than when you must rely on others. Landlords have no way of knowing that a pipe has burst, a water heater has toppled, or that rain is pouring through a leaking roof until they get that phone call from their tenant asking, "What do I do?" If you have rental property, water damage has the potential to become far costlier than it could have been due to renters who have less at stake or simply don't know what to do.
Instead of hoping the pipes will hold, educate your tenants about the actions that they should take should flooding or plumbing mishaps occur. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
First, create a small binder for each property that you own. This binder will act as a resource for your tenants and should include detailed information about a variety of concerns. Create tabbed sections and include a table of contents so that the tenants can quickly flip to the section, such as the water damage section, as needed. Include sections such as:
o Contact information and rental agreements - List contact numbers where you can be reached, including phone number, cell phone number, and e-mail address. Include a log sheet where renters can record their security deposit, rental payments, and related information.
o Maintenance - Create a sheet of standard maintenance that your renters are expected or authorized to handle. For example, do tenants need your permission before repairing leaking faucets? If not, how much money do you authorize for repairs before they must contact you? Include pockets for receipts along with reimbursement forms for authorized out-of-pocket repairs. Create a second sheet covering other maintenance requests, such as for repairing broken windows, repainting a room, or replacing water damaged carpets. Give detailed instructions on how to request repairs and improvements.
o Insurance Claims - Your insurance policy covers your rental property but not the renter's personal belongings. With this in mind, you may want to create a section covering insurance claims. Let the renter know that their personal belongings are not covered by your insurance policy and that they are responsible for obtaining coverage if desired. Detail the steps the policyholder must do when the property has been damaged - such as call you immediately, call 911 in emergencies, file a police report, and so on.
o Plumbing and Water Damage - Plumbing problems are among the most common problems tenants and landlords deal with. From garbage disposals that won't turn on to overflowing toilets and burst pipes and everything in between, your tenants will likely encounter some form of water or plumbing trouble. What should they do? In this section, you should list specific steps for minimizing the damage followed by instructions on what to do once the water has stopped flowing. Include the following information:
1. Detailed diagram and instructions showing the exact location of all water shut-off valves and how to turn off the water.
2. Safety precautions and warnings about electrocution.
3. Instructions on how to turn off the power.
4. Instructions on how to mop up the water. It's not a bad idea to invest in basic cleanup supplies and stock each rental property with a mop and bucket, absorbent towels and sponges, and a toilet plunger. This ensures that your tenants have the tools required to act quickly.
5. Instructions on what to do once the basic water issue has been somewhat contained, such as after shutting off the shut-off valve of an overflowing toilet and mopping up the water, what should the tenant do?
o Preferred Vendors - Home repairs will be necessary from time to time. If you have agreements with specific vendors or have vendors you trust and prefer to work with, this is an excellent place to list the information. It is also helpful for tenants as they will need to call to arrange service. List the phone numbers to preferred local handyman services, water damage restoration companies, pest control companies, electricians, roofing companies, plumbers, carpet cleaners, home improvement contractors, and so on. Provide pockets so that the tenant has a place to store contracts and receipts along with blank pages for writing down notes and estimates.
When it comes to taking care of your rental properties, it helps to keep your renters involved as they are on the front lines. When it comes to emergency repairs and water damage, renters need to know how to act promptly and safely and that you will take care of the necessary repairs. They also need to know that their prompt actions can minimize the damage and cause less disruption to their lives. This simple binder provides renters with the tools and information that they need to better help you keep your properties in tiptop shape.
Residential Flood Damage Repair Hunter [categories]
If you have been confronted by water damage in your house or commercial property, you will be best advised to hire the services of a professional fire and water restoration company. Though the restoration is something that you can achieve on your own, there is too much at risk to take it up as a do it yourself project. Here are some highlights about the services that a well established fire and water restoration company will be able to provide.
- Available 24/7 - The best fire and water restoration companies will operate throughout the day and night. Time is of the essence when it comes to water damage restoration and lost time will often result in dramatically increased losses and additional restoration expenses. Shut off the water supply that caused the flooding and call a professional water damage repair company as soon as you can
- Expert help with insurance claims - The fire and water control and clean-up company is more than just a professional service to restore your home. The restoration company will often award you an insurance specialist who will help you with the insurance claims process along the way. Ideally, claiming insurance should be easy for homeowners who have suffered property damage although the reality is that the insurance company will do anything to give you a check with a lower amount than required. Having professional help in the form of an insurance specialist will save you a lot of stress and effort and will also get you that check that will cover all the restoration expenses.
- Professional equipment - restoration companies will have several commercial grade machines such as dehumidifiers, blowers, truck mounted water extraction units, portable water extraction units, moisture gauges, humidity gauges and so on that will help them remove the water and restore your property in the fastest way possible. If you approached the process on your own, it will take you a very long time as you will generally have just one dehumidifier or just one blower which might not even be powerful enough to do the job in the first place.
- Technical know how - This is where water damage control and clean-up companies offers the most value. It will take you several hours of research and learning to figure out the best restoration plan for you house while a professional restoration company will often have years of experience on their hands. Their experience and their expertise will allow them to immediately go to work on restoring your property in the most time efficient and cost efficient manner. They will also be able to advise you about potential problems with the construction of your house that might lead to future water damage problems.
Thus, in conclusion, it is advised that you call for the services of a water damage restoration company if you haven't done so already. The sooner your call, the lesser your losses will be. Water damage restoration companies will also guarantee you that their repair estimates will be accepted by the insurance company which means that you have almost nothing to lose by hiring professionals.